AI marketing is needed; a survey reveals that poorly targeted marketing material is causing irreparable, long-term damage to thousands of brand-customer relationships.
A new survey has found that 41% of consumers will shun brands that send irrelevant messages and offers. AI marketing may be the answer, however, as the survey also finds that 47% state they are happy for intelligent technology to improve the offers they receive.
The survey was carried out by AI marketing outfit Emarsys, which questioned 2000 UK consumers.
A mere 6% of consumers believe the product and service offers they receive are specifically relevant to them.
The survey also found that:
- 41% swear they won’t purchase from a brand again if they receive haphazard marketing materials;
- Over 60% demand that offers they receive be tailored to them and their interests precisely;
- 66% admitted they would ignore all future marketing from a brand if it sent them hit-or-miss offers.
It is not all bad; opportunity lurks too. The survey also found:
- 57% admitted they would be more likely to repeat purchase if they received more loyalty-based discounts from a retailer;
- 41% would be more likely to buy from a brand again if they received bespoke offers which were truly personalised and unique to them.
Emarsys says that: “The problem that most brands encounter though is that human-driven personalisation just doesn’t scale — Segmentation and personalisation designed and executed by marketers doesn’t provide the level of individualisation, at volume, that consumers demand.”
This article was originally posted on Information Age: https://www.information-age.com/ai-marketing-customer-123475606/